The painting we did tonight is called "Retro Paisleys". I'd like to rename it "Retro Pain in my Ass". It turned out great in the end, but it was a fight to get there. It would have been easier if we had painted the background (the light blue, dark blue, and tan) in FIRST, but instead, the shapes were painted in first and the background was painted in second. This meant a lot of going back and redefining the edges of all of my shapes... sometimes twice. Also there was an issue with the flower in the corner. I hated the way the instructor was telling us to do it. It was UGLY. So I painted and painted and painted until I liked it. I swear I repainted this dang thing at least 4 times.
But, all that matters is that I ended up with a beautiful painting that I'm quite proud of! I give you "Retro Paisleys/Pain in my Ass"
I hope you all have a great weekend!